This past weekend, my parents (the Walkers) came into town for a quick trip and some R&R. Needless to say, Mike and I had a little surprise awaiting the 'rents! This coming Saturday will mark my parents 40th wedding anniversary! So, we made dinner reservations at the Old Village Post House in Mt. Pleasant at 7:30 pm to begin our celebrations! Our waiter was so wonderful and attentive to us. He even brought out 4 glasses of a spanish white wine for us and they were on the house too! The two men-folk (Mike and my daddy) had crab bisque and a New York Strip, my mama had salad with pork tenderloin, and I had an arugula salad with duck breasts. Then we topped our meal off with coffee and banana cream pie! It was delicious! After dinner, my parents had reservations at a Bed and Breakfast downtown about 2 blocks from the Battery called the Cabell House. We all went to ECBC the next morning and hung out that afternoon, just enjoying each other's company.....
As far as their 40 years together, you just dont see that very often these days! We are quite fortunate to have that example set before us! I know it is a result of alot of love, prayer, team work and just plain not givin up on each other! Mike, we have 5 years down, and with the Lords help, we will have 35+ to go!
2 comments:
Hey smoochies! Just wanted to say we missed you today at the first official get together since Nanny's accident. I was so excited that she was able to get a day pass to join us today. She looked wonderful. I've heard about your dinner all weekend from Papa (he has really raved about it!)
Hey Simpsons: You all are working on your blog. I love it-even colors you all picked out-Go clemson! I love reading your all's blog! Anna
Post a Comment