Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Sad, but Wonderful Time on Fathers Day

This Weekend, Temple and I spent time with our fathers in Greenwood.  We had a great time Saturday with my Step-Dad, and today was devoted to T's Dad.  We had a great time.

The sad but wonderful time was at our church in Charleston.  Our Minister of Music is leaving the church and pursuing his ministry at another church in SC.  It is a sad time for us.  He and his family have been a great friend to Temple and I, and it will be sad not to be able to at least see him every week.  The church is also loosing a valuable asset and I don't think they realize it.

This is absolutely the most happy I have been for a friend to be moving away.  His new church looks to be absolutely wonderful for him and his ministry.  It is a wonderful situation for him to be in.  I am so happy for him and his family.

Did I mention that his new church is only 30 miles from my in-laws house?  I know where we will be going when ever we visit.  They have an extra bedroom if anyone wants to go up with us sometime.

2 comments:

Gregory said...

If by "extra bedroom," you mean back porch with the washer and dryer, or a leaky basement, yes, there's plenty of room. :-D

Mike said...

I guess I should have said that my in laws have an extra bedroom. My bad GP.